Monday, May 30, 2011

Hannah's love

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

So, Hannah and her peeps came to visit this weekend. Sunday morning I was trying to catch a little nap when I kept feeling soft, fuzzy things being placed on me. Wordlessly, Hannah surrounded me with just a few of her friends, making sure my nap was not lonely. Other little girls travel with a bevy of baby dolls. Hannah travels with enough stuffed animals to fill an ark. You gotta love Hannah.

Early Wednesday morning Dave and I will head for Houston, MDA and the last FAC treatment. I am so very excited to say "the last" .. after Wednesday, no more chemo, no more nausea, no more chemo tummy, no more fried taste buds, no more sore head, sore mouth, sore nose, sore NUTHIN! And in case you hadn't heard the news ... my EYEBROWS are making a comeback! And I'm starting to get some HAIR! Baby steps .. but little victories, nonetheless!

If I said the last six months passed by in a flash, I'd by LYING .. it's been a long, hard road but I appreciate all the support along the way, AND Hannah's love.

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment