Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I don't think I am a scarf person

But this morning at five am I didn't really care what I looked like. I had to rest after taking a shower. Rest after brushing my teeth. Sit and rest while I put on my makeup. (Hey. When you're bald .. you work harder at the other stuff.) And yes, putting on my mascara is just exhausting but a girl's gotta do.

But it's back to hats for me. Scarves are just too labor intensive and I need to conserve energy for mascara application.

Dave and I have a system. I get out and open & close the gate when we leave DRH. He gets the gate duty when we return. But this morning I was so weak I asked him to please catch my gate shift. He did so, of course. But I thought, that's the first time I haven't been able to do that. It bothered me.

I dosed off and on during the trip into town. When we arrived at MDA we went straight to get my blood work done with my personal "Stick It Angel, Tori". She is wonderfully efficient. Draws blood, first stick EVERY time.

Then we went to Infusion Therapy to get my "port accessed". (I told you last week what that means so if you don't know .. scroll down.) It's not as bad as it sounds. The alternative is far worse. But I felt weak even sitting there, on the gurney, having it done and I nearly blacked out. I went horizontal for a couple of minutes and the feeling went away. I'd never done that before and have only come close to fainting a very few times in my life.

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

When we got to chemo, my blood pressure was 101/69. Hm. Well that's why I felt so poorly. I think my BP meds are working overtime to lower my pressure and they might not be necessary right now. I'll have to talk to the doc about it. During chemo my BP went to 142/80 but it always rises slightly during chemo. I'm not sure why.

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

I slept through most of my chemo. And then we were outtah there. I'm always glad to get there (and out of traffic) and I'm always glad to be finished (and on my way home) and I'm really, really glad to get home. (Cause Dave has to open the gate!)

Only 10, 11 & 12 to go in this round .. wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment