Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy Day Tomorrow

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

Tomorrow we're leaving at 6:30 AM in order to make a 9:30 appointment with my port surgeon staff. Not sure what "port placement assessment" means. Aren't there only so many places it could go? Anyway .. he's up first.

At 11:00 I have my bloodwork for chemo. These are usually quickie appointments unless my veins don't cooperate. Another reason the port thingie is looking pretty good to me.

At noon, I'm scheduled for chemo no. 3. This means I am one quarter thru the first round. Despite my whiny attitude this past weekend, if it doesn't get any worse than it has so far, then I am a lucky girl. I feel pretty useless most of the time but when I consider that my priority should be getting well and not how spic and span my floors are .. then it's easier to deal with.

So, then, the last appointment is at 3:15 for anesthesia assessment (with regard to my port surgery). I always did like counting backwards .. I'm thinking they will push for port placement next Wednesday but I already have three appointments that day and three the following Wednesday so something tells me an overnight is in our future. Fortunately, an overnight is no big deal since we have awesome relatives that not only let us bunk in .. but bring our Maggie girl as well.

My hair seems to be holding tight. I still haven't taken Colleen O'Malley O'Hair out of the bag yet .. but I think her debut will be soon. If only I had an Irish brogue to go with. (An Irish brogue with a Texas drawl .. doncha know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment