Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good News/Bad News

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010


The Bad News is that my one remaining living hearing aid died on the way into town yesterday. R.I.P. you expensive piece of plastic crap.

The GOOD NEWS is that I have an appointment Tuesday morning to get my ears vacuumed in preparation for the MDA audiologist to test me for NEW hearing aids. (Meanwhile everyone was very accommodating yesterday even though it's a pain to be around me with no hearing aids.)

HUH?


All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

The Bad News is they stuck me in my thumb yesterday for chemo. Okay, not really my thumb but in a really weird place and, let me tell you, THAT DID NOT FEEL GOOD!

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010


The GOOD NEWS is that that is the next to last IV stick as I am having surgery on Wednesday to implant my port. It's very cool .. and it's PURPLE!


All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010


The port will provide access for all my future chemo, CT Scans & MRI. The the port will go under by skin (you can read ALL about it here), and a needle will be inserted but it won't be the "hide and seek" we play with my veins now .. so my hands won't be stuck multiple times or in sensitive places.

And that, don't you know, is the goodest news of all!

2 comments:

  1. You hang in there, Warrior Woman!

    Faith - - "When you have come to the edge
    of all the light you know,

    And are about to step off
    into the darkness of the unknown,

    Faith is knowing
    one of two things will happen:

    There will be something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly."

    ~Barbara J. Winter~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, most of that IS good news!!! Hate that you have to get stuck at all....lyb

    ReplyDelete