Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Pros and Cons of Compazine

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

My oncologist, Dr. M., has prescribed an anti-nausea med for me just in case the chemo makes me sick. (She says it won't. But she also says I am "obese" and we KNOW that's just so wrong.) That's the primary rap for chemo, besides hair loss. No one wants to feel sick and nauseous so I was happy for the rx ... until I read about it being used to treat schizophrenics.

Why is it that the disclaimers on pharmaceuticals always make you think the symptoms aren't as bad as the possible side effects of the drug prescribed to make the symptoms go away? After all, I rather enjoy my life's delusions .. they keep it interesting. Nausea vs. curing skizophrenia .. hm. It's a toss up.

Okay, I'm not seriously skizophrenic .. I'm just ... colorful.

1 comment:

  1. If the FDA was in charge of approving aspirin nowadays, it wouldn't be legal. You're not schizophrenic, you ARE colorful! And "ewe's not fat, ewe's FLUFFY!" Obese my butt... HUGS!!!! LOVE your humor my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete