Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Anniversary Of Sorts - 12.16.10

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

It's hard to believe that it was only two months ago that my life took this major detour to Herschel-land. So much has happened! Herschel is still with us but he must know his days are numbered. Surely he feels all the hate we've mustered and he dreads the death ray of whatever chemical/surgical concoction is in his future.

Yesterday MDA called and my first appointment is Tuesday, 12/21. So much for that being my cookie baking day. No cookies this year, Keemosabe. And likely not much of a Christmas either. Fortunately my family understands my preoccupation with the eradication of this little alien hitchhiker and are all on board with a postponed Christmas holiday here at Dirt Road Heaven.

I am already looking forward to next Christmas when we can relax, eat pie and remember when Herschel was just a minor pothole on the Darlene Superhighway of Life.

Herschel: we're comin' fer ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment