Thursday, December 23, 2010

Relaxing with Herschel - 11.11.10


All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010




Lordy, talk about mood swings! I think in the last ten days I have run the gamut. A smorgasboard of fear, anger, disgust, resignation, acceptance, revulsion and calm have kept my limbic system busy. (Yes, I have a limbic system and so do you!)

Emotional flavor of the day is: What Herschel?

I made a comment in an earlier post that I don't trust medical professionals. I should clarify. I don't trust MOST medical professionals. There are some that I trust implicity: The doctor who delivered me (now passed on), my new doc, my new dentist and the doctor who delivered Ashley almost 27 years ago. I talked with him yesterday and he underscored my new found confidence with big, bold lines. While Herschel is real and present and likely malignant, chances are he's no big deal in the scheme of life. Chances are he's just a nuisance and a temporary one. Chances are he'll complicate things short term and soon be a tiny speck on the horizon in my real view mirror.

I have only one thing to say to that.

"Herschel, eat my dust."

Now I have to go. I have the strangest desire to listen to Johnny Mathis music .....

No comments:

Post a Comment