Thursday, December 23, 2010

Feeling Good About Herschel's Demise - 12.10.10

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010

I have to give a great big "BRAVO!" to my Patient Navigator at The Rose, Sally. Little more than a week after I submitted my financials to her, she was able to get me approval for a restricted form of Medicare and I couldn't be more grateful.

And I made the decision this week to seek care at M.D. Anderson in Houston. So, that ball is now in motion and I am hopeful to have at least one appointment for consult and further testing before the end of the year. It seems now they sometimes do chemo before surgery and there are other factors which additional testing will determine and plot my course for treatment. I'm hoping to have surgery (die Hersche, die) after the first of the year.

In the meantime, there have been so many of you who have offered your homes to us for this away-from-home adventure. I'm in awe of your compassion and generosity.

Ashley, my daughter, has "Let's Save Mama D's Double D's" going strong with plans for fund raisers, silent auctions, a fun run/walk and more. If you haven't "liked" the LSMDDD page on facebook, please do!

Thanks again for the wonderful love and support! As much as I hate Herschel .. I LOVE all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment