Thursday, December 23, 2010

Herschel and Sir Paul - 11.08.10





I can't believe how many emails I've gotten from near and far (New Zealand!!!) to tell me that hearing my Herschel story has made making an appointment for a mammogram a priority to some of you. And I think that's awesome. Despite what you've heard it isn't painful and not knowing is NOT bliss.

In fact, it's the not knowing that's a recipe for crazy making! This time next week I'll be heading to Houston for my biopsy on Tuesday morning. I'm really not too worried about the procedure but my lack of hearing makes me insecure in any situation that's unfamiliar.

And then there is that week of waiting. Of course, it's the week before Thanksgiving so I will be busy baking and getting things ready for our annual Riggs Food-o-rama at Dave's sister's house near Austin.

I just hate this feeling of sharing my body with an alien being. I've taken to thinking of him as "Slimer" from Ghostbusters. You know the little green, disgusting, farty, obnoxious ghost? Not scary or dangerous .. just UNWELCOME.

Go back home Slimer. Your mama's waiting for you. Wearing high heeled boots .. and a low necked sweater .. get back home Loretta .. er, Slimer.

Sorry. Had a Beatle moment.  Told ya. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment