Thursday, December 23, 2010

Herschel's Little Prick - 11.16.10

All text & photographs on Dirt Road Heaven © by Darlene Meader Riggs, 2010
Herschel,10.25.10

Finally, finally, finally it was biopsy day. And the biopsy was absolutely painless, the ultra sound technologist awesome and the Doctor (the founder of TheRose.org) so warm, friendly and gentle I wanted to follow her home.

Not only did Dr. Melillo know where Grapeland was .. she's probably ridden down THE Dirt Road in a trail ride that meets and departs from a ranch just around the corner (on the paved road!) from us. Add to that her professed love of chickens, dislike of coyotes and bobcats and it's love at first sight.

The procedure was painless and I got to watch the whole thing. Herschel was hit with a scud missile core sampler a couple of times and I swear I think I heard him scream like a little girl. Later, I saw his bits and pieces in a jar. HA! Take that, Herschel.

I just don't think it could get any better!

No news until Friday (at best) or Tuesday of next week (at worst). Thanks so much for all your love and support. I truly have the best peeps in the Universe and God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment